1986 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel86Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
I recently added another Oldsmobile to the garage and thought that I would post some pictures. Its a 1986 442, grey andn silver with claret interior and t tops. The original 307 has been replaced with an olds 350 that has some slight modifications. It has and edelbrock carburetor and intake, as well as a bigger cam, headers and flowmaster exhaust. Not sure of the exact cam specs but it does run pretty good and it sounds great. Also has a fiberglass cowl induction hood and a rear spoiler has been added. The first pic is when I brought it home this past winter. The following pics are from just the other day as I have started to install the Hurst/Aero kit on it that I have.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Looks good!

RCKTMN94

n00b
Oct 18, 2010
Great looking car!
I've been sitting on one of the aero kits for over 20 years. I may finally install it on my current '83 Cutlass build. Please keep us informed as to the kits fit.
Paul

Joel86Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'll be honest the kit fits ok, but it does need some grinding here and there to make it fit well. Over all though its not to bad. I plan on molding it to the car so I won't have any open seams between them, it would take a lot more work to make it fit good enough to not mold it. Thanks for the interest, and I plan on keeping you guys posted with build pictures as I progress.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Nice car, good luck with the install.
Those kits like any body kit need work.
Rfpowerdude on ROP had a thread on his build but was lost when the site crashed.
He had a lot of cutting and stitching to get it right.
I've got 4 kits myself and Doc gave me all the remaining '88 H/O serial tags, plaques and decals he had left over.
I've got one installed on an '84 H/O and one '88 H/O that needs restoration.
I'll be putting one on my '88 in the near future and any tips are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor