Lowering springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huxxly

n00b
Jul 13, 2014
I just bought my second G, an '85 Cutlass bench seat car, it's in decent shape pretty stoked to get some insurance on it. But, It Needs lowering springs, the previous owner had 22" rims on it,so it has tall springs, and looks Ridiculous with 15's I've heard mixed reviews about Eibachs, and Everything Hotchkis makes is over priced, so what's a good set of springs for my car?

I've been a member/lurker for quite sometime, but used an old email I couldn't remember so I made a new account when I bought the new car.
The Gray one is my new one (In that picture it hasn't got the lift springs yet) and the blue one is my old '81

Attachments

• $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCF8958.JPG
    DSCF8958.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 607

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Don't know where you heard mixed reviews on the Eibachs. They are proven quality pieces. They will do exactly as advertised.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
The Hotchkis may be expensive but my car doesn't ride like a lowered car. Only performs like one.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The thing I don't like about Eibacks is they have a progressive rear spring instead of a linear rate spring and they refused to warranty a front spring that broke

mebe, what is the springs rates of the Hotchkis springs?

Huxxly

n00b
Jul 13, 2014
I know that Hotchkis is quality stuff, I'm just looking to bring the car back to earth and Daily Drive it. So I'm not really looking to spend $400 on springs, I want to get a set of UMI Springs, but as far as I can tell they only have Rear springs for G Body's

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i believe these are the #'s for the hotchkis springs
Front 600 lb/in, Rear 135 lb/in

Huxxly

n00b
Jul 13, 2014
Thanks For the info guys, and James, that set is for G body cars? Because I definitely think that set would work, and not lower the car to much. What are the Spring rates on that set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor