Broken axles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadman19

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2012
on, canada
After finishing my T5 swap into my 84 cutlass calais I've gotta say the best thing i did to the car! but learned the limitations of gm 7.5 axles. a 3500 rpm clutch drop as it turns out will snap axles! lol both.. at the same time lol it does have a mini spool with 3.73 and 245/60R14 BFGs! good thing ive got spare axles !

Attachments

• axle 1.jpg
    axle 1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 482
  • axle 2.jpg
    axle 2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 484
  • axle 3.jpg
    axle 3.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 480

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a T5 WC behind my 355 vortec roller and as long as you don't abuse it from a standing start it will last. I have a 67 8.2 rear so that will win against my transmission so I have 2 spare T5 WC's just in case. The problem with the T5 is the helical cut gears will force the weak housing to twist. A cheap upgrade is straighter cut gears so the gears won't try to walk away. There is also a G force housing that is made of thicker material. But by the time you put in the upgrades and the time to rebuild the T5 WC the TKO transmissions are a nice alternative.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
like a proud father showing off his baby!!! :lol: I like it!! breaking parts is always fun! 8) Now you know your weak link and gotta upgrade to withstand the abuse!

deadman19

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2012
on, canada
yeah i was real lucky! caught it before it walked out all the way and jacked it up and slid them back in. just tossed some spare axles back in and she is good as new !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor