hurst olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2010
butler pa
Hi all, I just got myself lf a 1983 hurst olds and I've been trying to figure out what number the car is can anyone plz help me figure this out thanks in advance

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
bighp said:
Hi all, I just got myself lf a 1983 hurst olds and I've been trying to figure out what number the car is can anyone plz help me figure this out thanks in advance

There are a couple of ways to find out your number:

1. Contact the gm heritage center with your vin and they will respond with the #. Email [email protected]

2. There is a member on the classic olds website that has a list. He can get the #, as well as other details. I can pm his email.

bighp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2010
butler pa
Thanks for all ur guys help I got the info its #849 was the only one sold by that dealer and is #51 of 51 built on 1/11/83 but now I need to find a set of grills lol cant find even a chrome set that i can paint around my aera

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
1980 regal lover said:
I did the above (that 87 National just prefaced) ... and go no reply.

So you tried both the gm heritage center and the member on classicoldsmobile.com? When I contacted them about my 83 hurst, they both
replied the next day.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
87National said:
So you tried both the gm heritage center and the member on classicoldsmobile.com? When I contacted them about my 83 hurst, they both
replied the next day.
When did you contact the GM Heritage Center?
From what I've heard they don't provide any information anymore and you have to pay $50 for a copy of the invoice and when you get it it's just a photo copy of it and no additional information aside from the build and ship date.
Just did this a couple weeks ago for my '83 H/O and was disappointed, no C&C number, dealer info, original owner etc...

In 2007 GM Heritage Center gave me a nice packet for my '87 442 with a typed out letter of all my RPO options including dealer information, export quantity and such.
Of course it was a Canadian Export car so it went through GM Canada and they are a different entity.
Unless you don't have the RPO tag ('83 and older) and your car isn't US, don't bother with the US GM Heritage Center...

Al Mantei has the numbers but I am not sure if he is giving that information out anymore since he shared the info with Mark McCarty who operates the H/O Registry; Mark will just give you the number and nothing else I believe.
You can contact H/OCA and become a member, they will give you all the information on your car.

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
Al gave me the info on my car 2 years ago and again about a month ago. I lost the first email. He responded with in a day.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I contacted the heritage center 2 years ago. They responded the following day with an email.

88hurstolds said:
87National said:
replied the next day.
When did you contact the GM Heritage Center?
From what I've heard they don't provide any information anymore and you have to pay $50 for a copy of the invoice and when you get it it's just a photo copy of it and no additional information aside from the build and ship date.
Just did this a couple weeks ago for my '83 H/O and was disappointed, no C&C number, dealer info, original owner etc...

In 2007 GM Heritage Center gave me a nice packet for my '87 442 with a typed out letter of all my RPO options including dealer information, export quantity and such.
Of course it was a Canadian Export car so it went through GM Canada and they are a different entity.
Unless you don't have the RPO tag ('83 and older) and your car isn't US, don't bother with the US GM Heritage Center...

Al Mantei has the numbers but I am not sure if he is giving that information out anymore since he shared the info with Mark McCarty who operates the H/O Registry; Mark will just give you the number and nothing else I believe.
You can contact H/OCA and become a member, they will give you all the information on your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor