Which TVS do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
What thermal vacuum switch would one use for use with the torque converter lockup ( non CCC setup )?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
A TVS is useless unless you don't want lockup to occur until the car is warmed up.
I wouldn't bother but if you absolutely want one I would suggest getting one for Diesel application.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
88hurstolds said:
A TVS is useless unless you don't want lockup to occur until the car is warmed up.

Of course, that's the whole point of using one! It's not a huge deal to run one or not but there have been a handfull of occasions where it was a bit on the cold side and having it lock up so early in the ride wasn't desireable. Also I need to fix a leaky plug in the intake. I figur I could just replace it with a cheap TVS and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

So what would I ask for at the part store? A TVS specifically for converter lockup from an early 80's G/B body cars? What temp does it kick on at? What about the TVS that was used with the EFE stuff? Could that be used? Does it matter if either of these are in the front or rear of the intake?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
The temperature for the Canadian Chevy lockup setups is 152*, stock VIN9 EFE is 85*, Y is 70*.
The rear LH of the manifold is a 3/8-18 THD switch.

373510 is a two port 130* switch for Canadian 305 EGR
22536551 is a two port 170* VINY Canister Purge but they have large ports.
Your best bet is a 180* EFE switch for Canadian 305, 2 ports, 14009006
Sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor