2 for 1 on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Oddly, I find it hard to believe someobody hasn't already bought these, now don't get me wrong, I know they both need a little bit here and there, and the wheels aren't orginal, BUT................nice wheels none the less.

Anybody on here gonna buy these and tell us about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-Cutl ... ars_Trucks

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Offering a 2 for 1 deal is a good way to get rid of a car that was in an accident or has a lien and can't be legally registered in that state. It's never good to do a 2 for 1 deal unless the price is so low that it's justifiable... Imagine going to register a car and finding out the prev owner just sold you his debt to a title company. If it's a scenario where you paid something like 1 or 2 thousand for some parts cars it wouldn't be a big deal but spending 12k it would be a fiasco...

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Oh I agree that something seems little off in this situation, Im curious myself to find out too! I sent a question to the seller, MAYBE Ill get the real answer. ill post when I get one.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Re: 2 for 1 on ebay UPDATE!

I sent a question to the seller

im inquiring as to the specifics of the situation involving these two cars being sold together for one price? whats the REAL reason your willing to sell these two HURSTS for one price? Is there a lien or money owed on these cars to a title company, or are they salvage cars that have a wrecked record and cant be licensed? Please be thorough and HONEST, I may bid. thanks

this was the response

Both Of These Cars Have Clean And Clear Colorado Titles In Hand,No Liens,No Title Pawns,Not Been Wrecked,Not Salvaged,Not Stolen No Issues With Registration,0 Issues.My Friend Is Letting Them Sale Together Because He Wants His Garage Space Back 2nd.Not Many People Or Any Have Both Of These Cars For Sale At Once Or If Any.These Are 2 Rare 2 Year Only Cars That Many People Would Love To Own To Either Drive Or Add To There Collection. Both Of These Cars Are The Real Deal At A Real Price No BS Here.Let Me Know If You Have Further Questions.Thanks.

- dawnt1224

you can see for yourself, as he also included my question and his/her answer in the listing at the bottom of the page, for those of you interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141373249123?fo ... OTORS:1123

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
The only people who have ever replied to me with anything where Every Single Word Had Its First Letter Capitalized generally wanted me to send money to Africa somewhere for some reason...

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
King_V said:
The only people who have ever replied to me with anything where Every Single Word Had Its First Letter Capitalized generally wanted me to send money to Africa somewhere for some reason...

I too picked up on that as well. If nothing else, I had to atleast send this person a question for personal interest in clarification of how hes selling these cars and see if I could get a response. Im by no means, saying that what he/she replied with for an answer is HONEST in any way. But, I did get a response that didn't come acrossed as overly dis-honest with respect to how it was worded, not to say that there isn't plenty fishy about the whole scenario. God Speed to those who do pursue this listing!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Some cell phones have an autocorrect that capitalizes the first letter.

Second, why would anyone buy a car without a title in hand?
When you have a lien on a vehicle either the title states so or the lien holder has possession of the title.
Cars are not like short sale/auctioned off homes...

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I doubt it's a scam in this case but people can always make duplicate titles. I usually dont go forward on a deal unless a person is willing to get on the phone. If they are lying about stuff their tone of voice will betray them. Anyone can just get online and type a bunch of bs online. If a person isn't willing to get on the phone something's going on. That wasnt really my point though. If a person offers a '2 for 1' deal but the cars are priced according to their value in ideal condition then thats not even a 2 for 1 deal. That's just a 2 cars in 1 auction deal. It's lame to say its a '2 for 1' deal which is what someone should say if they're selling 2 cars for the price of what 1 would usually cost. This auction isn't even a good deal so it makes the person's motivation suspicious. Offering 2 cars for sale under 1 vin # was the reason I would suspect the other car... why the refusal to separate cars - it doesn't make sense.

1980 regal lover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2011
Great thread ! (but KINDA off topic) what bothers me "sometimes" is that "Craigslist or Ebay" have Hurst's for literally nothing ($) ... and yet no-one jumps on them !
Being fair, many command a good price ! ... Here in MI, (example) Theirs one for 1500.00 bucks with no interest whatsoever. (*I called the Guy).

Funny for a supposed "rare" car ? ... < I'll KEEP watching >

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor