86 olds 307 to 74 olds 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefballer52

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2014
My question is, will the exhaust manifold from the 86 manifolds cause too much back pressure, and cause damage to the motor.

I know they will bolt up, and work, and I know most would not do it as it will restrict massive power instead of headers, but I'm in a tight budget, and need to get my car running as it's difficult to get to three jobs without the car.

But will it cause any other negative effects detrimental to the stability of the motor?

It currently is set up for true dual all the way back. If that matters..

bigblockfrank

Greasemonkey
Mar 24, 2009
mt.vernon, ky
350 stock? if so carry on with the 307 exhaust.

chiefballer52

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2014
bigblockfrank said:
350 stock? if so carry on with the 307 exhaust.

It's a rebuild,
Comp cam n timing

Milled heads #8 heads
7111 edelbrock intake
650 cfm edelbrock carb

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Use them for now but get early 307 manifolds as soon as possible. You will notice a performance gain even with the tiny tubular manifolds over the swirl port turd 307.

chiefballer52

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2014
olds307 and 403 said:
Use them for now but get early 307 manifolds as soon as possible. You will notice a performance gain even with the tiny tubular manifolds over the swirl port turd 307.

I actually have headers that came with the motor, but I've already gone fat over my budget, and can't afford the modifications to make these fit.

I will be putting them in, in the next month or so though.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You will be fine till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor