83 Hurst/Olds Landau Top ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
There is an 83 Hurst on ebay with a power sunroof and a Landau top. Was the Landau top even an option on the hurst. I've never seen or heard of one. Mark

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
It's not for me, but if it wasn't for the top, I thought it was my 1st Hurst. Mike were all Landau tops put on by the dealer on the cutlass

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
No, the ones you can tell if they are a dealer add on or not have different lower trim and landau roof bands.
Also, they kept the hard top quarter windows with the outer rubber seal.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
not sure about the H/O specifically. However I did find out from the brochures I have that you could have had a landu top on a legit 442. As 88hurstolds mentioned could have been a dealership only instillation instead of factory

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
gp02a0083 said:
not sure about the H/O specifically. However I did find out from the brochures I have that you could have had a landu top on a legit 442. As 88hurstolds mentioned could have been a dealership only instillation instead of factory
Just curious, what year brochure showed that?
The '83 H/O brochure specifically stated that you couldn't order the C04 option with the W40 option.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
the dealerships would put on basically anything the owner wanted. Money in their pockets, so why not? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor