86 442 power steering pump/ 307 to 350 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
I swapped out the 307 in my 86 442 for a 71 350. im using the power steering pump from the 307 and had some trouble installing it on the 350. The bracket wouldnt line up , had to use a couple washers. But got it on. the pully when it turns its wobbly and hits the bracket . Is there a o ring on that pully or should i replace the pump ....

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Sounds like you are missing one of the spacers where the bottom pump bracket mounts on the block or where the pump bracket mounts to the timing tab.
A 307 PS pump will bolt on to a 350 and even a 455, there is nothing different externally on the blocks of Oldsmobiles, just a 1.2" taller deck height on 400-455 engines.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yeah it sounds like you're missing a spacer.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
DoubleV said:
Yeah it sounds like you're missing a spacer.

Yep! im betting you didn't realize that there was a spacer on the bottom where the bracket mounts to the block, I did the 307 to a 71 Olds 350 swap myself, fortunately during the time I had some intake and head work done on the 350, I had all my 307 bracketry and accessories laying in position on the floor and ready to swap over when the 350 was done. Sergio, do you need a length on the spacer on the bottom in question? if so, I can crawl under mine and get you a length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor