Need some pics and info on mounting jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I have a 78 Salon aero. Its supposed to have a bumper jack. My bumpers are going to be smoothed and painted. I have a never used jack from an 84 Monte that's been in storage for 15 years. Its the one that goes under the car. I need to see how they mount in the trunk. I'm going to weld mounting plates in the body to accept this jack so it looks stock. Can anyone help me out?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I would start off at the junk yard for those brackets.
There are two locations where they mount, on a diagonal brace and between the spare tire well and trunk drop off.
You may already have the diagonal brace, that just requires a slot for the tab on threaded rod to secure to.
You may in fact already have the mounting points in your car considering the bumper jack is mounted on that side too.
If so, I have all the hardware require to mount the jack and tire if you are looking for them.
I will snap a photo of my '85 442 tonight.

Attachments

• dave_a_82_turbo_gn.jpg
    dave_a_82_turbo_gn.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,826

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
There is a triangle like bracket that secures it to the top of the jack.
The iron lays on top along a channel and is slipped between the scissor somewhat.
The curved end sits towards the rear and is held down by the unique triangle like bracket and wing nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor