Ls swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
What all has to be removed or relocated if I was to swap a stock 305 to an ls motor everything on my car is stock and nothing has been removed its also an ac car
0be6b9c5fb0edfd81d3a56c328ac9964.jpg

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
If you use 1 inch clamshell adapters and the right oil pan and a step between flywheel and converter and that ls should drop in just like a 305. The only problems ive heard of clearance wise is the ac box and steering column get in the way and theres ways to fix that too . Im in the middle of an ls swap right now myself feel free to ask for help

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
jacobdavis1979 said:
If you use 1 inch clamshell adapters and the right oil pan and a step between flywheel and converter and that ls should drop in just like a 305. The only problems ive heard of clearance wise is the ac box and steering column get in the way and theres ways to fix that too . Im in the middle of an ls swap right now myself feel free to ask for help
That's what I thought just wanted information on what all has to be done before a swap my 305 has 200,000 miles on it I just did new push rod valve seals to keep my car hopefully from consuming a quart of oil every 200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor