Guess my dad just said screw it new motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
So while I was in class my dad decided I needed a new motor now! As I school ended I got a text from my dad saying he just bought a new motor he called and said what to was. It is a 383 stroker motor with 1000 miles on it sooo I guess my new father son project is an engine swap this winter yay no more 200,000 mile oil burning 305 but I am going to miss getting 20+ mpg

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Nice dad:)

You can get good mileage depending on your transmission, stall speed, rear geas and if you're willing to take on the ultimate carb challenge and dial in a quadrajet perfectly. Or skip the quad and learn something completely different and build your own fuel injection using Megasquirt and off the shelves parts.

This could be a chance to go "full nerd" and learn something useful. How to make the 383 most efficient. Spunds truly exiting to me.

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
He won't show me the ad on cl but I think this is it
Although 9000 rpm lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412973482596.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1412973482596.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 930

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
So do i. He introduced me to hot rodding and helped along the way and still does. I've spent countless of hours and money since.. ! ... Now that i think about it he really screwed me over:/ nah. Just kidding. Learning to build and repair cars csn be the most rewarding thing to do. And it can save you money in the future when your daily driver breaks down or need servicing.

Go for it while you're young..

Casey78

Apprentice
Oct 3, 2014
Topeka Kansas
autonaut said:
So do i. He introduced me to hot rodding and helped along the way and still does. I've spent countless of hours and money since.. ! ... Now that i think about it he really screwed me over:/ nah. Just kidding. Learning to build and repair cars csn be the most rewarding thing to do. And it can save you money in the future when your daily driver breaks down or need servicing.

Go for it while you're young..
I'm 15 lol

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Looks like a good foumdation.

I'd swap the high rise intake for a dual plane performer rpm intake. It will give you a bit more room under tve hood, power improvement where you will need it and in every way a better choice unless you only will be driving the car on the drag strip.

Also, if you want better fuel ecenomy, you and your dad could rebuild a quadrajet and dial it in afterwards. Cliff ruggles has a good book on it with a "power recipe" you could use, and sells parts for it.
It's the most complicated carb, but once you nail it you can leave it untoched for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor