Ls swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

83olds5.3

n00b
Oct 21, 2014
George Town, Cayman Islands
Whats up guys new to the group,but i have a 2004 5.3 to put in my 83 cutlass and im wondering where i need to start as motor mounts,oil pan rumors,and i also want to keep it fuel injected. Someone help me out because i really want this done right and to not be really pricey
ed52ab07063d5c1dcdae43dd70636e3b.jpg
ed415f6095ff1086bce813bc4d811963.jpg

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
83olds5.3 said:
Whats up guys new to the group,but i have a 2004 5.3 to put in my 83 cutlass and im wondering where i need to start as motor mounts,oil pan rumors,and i also want to keep it fuel injected. Someone help me out because i really want this done right and to not be really pricey

BRP offers solutions they may not be the most cost effective. Last time I checked, they were pricey. Others are using 1" offset mounts like the dirty dingo brand which are adjustable. You will need a new oil pan (Hummer oil pan or Holley muscle car pan). Another alternative which requires fabrication skills and a good welder is to modify the cross member. LS1Tech.com is a good resource. Spend some time there reading and do your homework before buying anything.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
If i may chime in im in the middle of ls swap myself. Simple 1" setback plates used with clamshells. I skimmed your post so i didnt see what transmission your using but a step adapter will adapt a th350 or 700r4 to bolt up to the 5.3 along with the hummer pan the holley pan or the ctsv pan using these parts that 5.3 should drop in like a small block chevy

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Hasn't this topic already been discusses ad nauseum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor