350 / 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
ok ive done some reading and have a few questions. Im thinking of replacing my tired old 30 and transmission in my 1985 cutlass supreme, I have access to a 1970's 305 motor and th350 transmission. my questions are other then motor mounts what else will I need to do this swap, will the original exhaust manifolds bolt up temporarily until I get a set of headers? will the drive shaft that's in the car have to be modified? will the floor shifter work? and finally is there any value in the original motor and transmission?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
in a nutshell NO. The olds 307 and chev 305 use different manifolds, motor mounts, brackets, ect.. As well the fuel and accessories are on the opposite side. The only value I see to the orig 307 motor and trans are scrap value.

However I would be looking for a 403 or 455 to swap in its place. Not big HP numbers but the torque is wonderful :) It will drop in place and you can re-use almost all the 307 stuff. Exhaust will need to be reworked but I have seen plenty of cars use the stock manifolds and just get the Ypipe redone and retain everything else cat-back until they can afford headers or dual exhaust off the manifolds.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Title states 350/350 and he's posting in the Olds section so one could only assume that is an Olds 350/350, but given all these Chevy questions in this forum who knows....
Everything will drop right in and bolt up if it's an Olds, simple install if you currently have a TH200 trans in the car now.
If you have a TH2004R then you will need the correct cross member.
I have one if you are needing one, $50 shipped

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
sorry for the typos, think I need to reread a few times before I click the button, the current motor is a 307 the new motor would be a chevy 350 with a th350 transmission. sorry once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor