1985 olds cutlass olds 307 to bbc 454

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach5187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2009
omaha, ne,68138
Well i sent my block off to the machine shop tonight :D Very Excited! I know it can be done but have a few questions. I know to use the full length hooker comp headers for g-body. Its still a little cloudy for me as far as what to do for motor mounts.....? I use the stock mounts that are one the crossmember.? But i use bbc mounts on the engine side?? correct me if im mistaking....? Am i missing anything? I am strictly looking for answers to physically get the motor in the chassis not I need a hell of a rear end or trans lol...jk but really though strictly motor related responses please. Thank you Zach

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
I am putting the same power plant into my Regal. I was told by people who have done this swap that small block chevy mounts, similar to the Monte Carlo SS, will work just fine. Did you keep your airbox in tact? If so, watch the clearence with tall valve covers.

Good Luck!! Post Pics when it's in..

zach5187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2009
omaha, ne,68138
I just sent my block off to the machine shop last night 454 .30 over so 468 and i was planning on running tall valve covers but i like clean looking engine bays so im not opposed to doing the delete panel! So sbc mounts on a bbc???

509stroker_ace

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2009
year one has reproduction 396 big block valve covers that are 1/2 taller than stock to clear roller rockers. its in the newest chevy hi-performance if you wanna check them out

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
zach5187 said:
I just sent my block off to the machine shop last night 454 .30 over so 468 and i was planning on running tall valve covers but i like clean looking engine bays so im not opposed to doing the delete panel! So sbc mounts on a bbc???

Unless the stock bore has already been bored .030"-over you're not going to end up with a 468. Not trying to burst your bubble or anything just want you to be aware of that - if the 454 hasn't been bored .030" over already then you'll end up with ~461c.i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor