Budget LS1 swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
FWIW if you have a "truck" LS engine, despite what a lot of people say, the truck oil pan DOES fit nicely in a G body and the truck accessories DO work (minus A/C) and fit under the hood.

I've got this exact setup in my 87 Regal.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I would also be interested in seeing this.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I eventually want to do a 5.3 swap into something too. I'd like details about the mounts, which trans, the wiring harness, which manifolds you used, oil pan details, which ECU and why not a/c.

I've read a few different threads about this swap and from what I've seen a "budget" LS swap usually results in the $3k range with a 4l60E trans.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
G-Body_Vet said:
I eventually want to do a 5.3 swap into something too. I'd like details about the mounts, which trans, the wiring harness, which manifolds you used, oil pan details, which ECU and why not a/c.

I've read a few different threads about this swap and from what I've seen a "budget" LS swap usually results in the $3k range with a 4l60E trans.

i was thinking at this particular time there is no budget ls swap.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I dont know about the truck acc fitting under the hood! seems to be hit and miss for some reason... you would have to elaborate on mounts etc...

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida

I was SHOCKED that the alternator, in its stock location cleared, but here is proof.

I used Trans-Dapt mounts for an LS1 into an S-10 ($69)

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I posted my car on here a couple months ago, posted the time slip too - runs 12s

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor