Anyone notice that Wilwood has just come out with ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.ca

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2008
Wet Coast of Canadia
Anyone notice that Wilwood has just come out with direct replacement aluminum calipers for g-body cars, with larger pistons and using the same d154 pads?

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeK ... 0-12097-BK

brake_kit_140-12097-BK-lg.jpg

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
you see the price? u can do the entire blazer brake upgrade for half that easy..

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
lg1200 said:
you see the price? u can do the entire blazer brake upgrade for half that easy..
I would like to do the blazer upgrade. But The 79 H/O came with 14" rims, If i did the blazer setup I dont think i would be able to use my factory wheels as I think they wont clear. Granted I want different rims but in case I would ever want to put them back on.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
hurst1979olds said:
Thats good to know. I wish they were 2 piston tho. But I've always liked that look of Wilwood Brake Calipers

Looks like they make them in a two piston design, although the dual piston has less surface area than their single piston.

martin.ca

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2008
Wet Coast of Canadia
Well, it would be a lot easier than changing spindles and having to use removeable bearings. Fits existing wheels, you don't have to worry about rotors or wheel lugs. It's a good option to have, and they reduce unsprung weight.

That ~$400 price seems to include both calipers and new pads.

martin.ca

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2008
Wet Coast of Canadia
jrm81bu said:
hurst1979olds said:
Thats good to know. I wish they were 2 piston tho. But I've always liked that look of Wilwood Brake Calipers

Looks like they make them in a two piston design, although the dual piston has less surface area than their single piston.

There seems to be two 2-piston set-ups.

"The caliper comes in a single-piston 2.50-inch diameter (prices start around $374.99 at Summit Racing) as well as two-piston configurations (1.62/1.62 inches and 1.12/1.12 inches) for vehicles that have been converted to four-wheel discs."

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
jrm81bu said:
hurst1979olds said:

The single piston is larger than the pad so it does not fully sit on the pad. The duel pistons actually have more contact with the pad than the single piston. The single pistons will bend the pad, the duels won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor