2)slicks as previously stated
3)drag shocks
4)control arms.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Tell me more about the motor.

Get your self some slicks or drag radials

Adjustable shocks and upper and lower control arms that are adjustable.

Also how are you leaving on the foot brake? Loading up the converter or dead punching it?

All Motor Boys

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2011
Indianapolis,IN
I left on the throttle that pass. Engine is sbc 400 bored .030 flatop pistons, stock rods and crank, all Arp bolts, eldelboc perfomer heads 60cc #60859, air gap intake, 670 holley carb jetted up, lunati 60104 cam, headers 3inch exhuast with x pipe, th350 3500 stall, 7.5 342 posi

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Whats the compression?

Get yourself some drag radials or slicks.

Do your burn out.

Bring it to about 1200 rpm or so. Then punch it. Your. Shock the tire and launch.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Really 13.2? Please dont take this the wrong way. But your combo is set up all wrong.

Your far from a street car and could be running low 10s if you set it up right.

Whats the lift and duration on the cam?

What kind of heads?

Your carb and intake are choking the sh*t out of your motor. The exhaust can be bigger too. Its all about air in and air out.

Your converter needs to be higher atleast a 5000 stall

The gearing should be a 4.56 but a 411 possibly your 3.73 arent gojng to kill you.

Grab a radial or a slick because your just going to spin down the track like you did. Ripping up prep for everyone else.

The v6 suspension is fine. Adjustable even cheap ones need to be put in. Take the limiters out of the front control arms.

The 7.5 will hold up for a little while. But get yourself a 9 inch. Youll eventually bend or break an 8.5 because of the thinner axle tubes.

What are your plans with the car anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor