GBodyForum Supporting Vendor

aftermarket a/c

Eventually the goal is to have a repository of G-Body knowledge... eventually!
oldscutt85
Greasemonkey

aftermarket a/c

Postby oldscutt85 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 am

does anyone make an aftermarket heat and a/c kit for g bodys,when i did the v8 swap i had pulled out all the wiring from he computer harness and i never found the harness that connects to my a/c so idk what i should do :cry:

79elky454ss
G Body Guru

Re: aftermarket a/c

Postby 79elky454ss on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:58 am

The wiring under the hood or in the dash? either way I would find a pull a part junkyard harness. Is your car in Japan with you? I could get you one on a trip to the junkyard if you need it there. Thanks for your service!
79 elcamino SS454 tribute car in progress

oldscutt85
Greasemonkey

Postby oldscutt85 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:26 am

79elky454ss wrote:The wiring under the hood or in the dash? either way I would find a pull a part junkyard harness. Is your car in Japan with you? I could get you one on a trip to the junkyard if you need it there. Thanks for your service!

its the harness under the hood i couldnt find the connecter that goes to it,hell no i would never bring my car to japan especally how bad these people drive and it rains like every other hour lol. and your welcome

dan2286
Royal Smart Person

Postby dan2286 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:56 am

Just try to find another harness if you have all the other parts. That harness isn't very hard to get out.
84 Cutlass
In many pieces right now.
70 Olds 350/350 trans
Just trying to make it driveable

red79vette
n00b

Postby red79vette on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 am

Good question... I often wanted to add AC to my Camino..
Any one add a vintage air kit or sometning like it?

oldscutt85
Greasemonkey

Postby oldscutt85 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:55 am

red79vette wrote:Good question... I often wanted to add AC to my Camino..
Any one add a vintage air kit or sometning like it?

i had checked out their website today but they only have universal kit for g bodies,i dont wanna spend the cash then find out that nothing fits.

trog
Master Mechanic

Postby trog on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 pm

try classic auto air...i worked there for years, and they can put together a kit that will work, better quality stuff also
never argue with an idiot---they will just drag you down to their level,and beat you with experience

Mike P
G Body Guru

Postby Mike P on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 pm

I’m doing a Hot Rod Air unit in my El Camino project. Here’s a link to the mockup portion.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12658&start=90

As far as I know HRA is now out of business, I do know some of their vendors still have some units still on the shelf…..problem is there would be no factory support recourse in the event of a bad part.

83 El Camino, w/78 Monte Clip
507 Cadillac, TH400, 9"

Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
FE3X CLONE
Royal Smart Person

Postby FE3X CLONE on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Mike P wrote:I’m doing a Hot Rod Air unit in my El Camino project. Here’s a link to the mockup portion.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 8&start=90

As far as I know HRA is now out of business, I do know some of their vendors still have some units still on the shelf…..problem is there would be no factory support recourse in the event of a bad part.

Yeah no kidding! I bought one of their evaporators through Summit Racing years ago. Last year I sent them my stock HVAC controls to be modified to work with their system. Found out in Janurary when I still hadn't received them that they were out of business.

It took a lot of tracking down by I was at least able to get them sent over to the company that normally does the work on them. After 14 long months I at least got my controls back.

Now I just hope nothing goes wrong with the evaporator otherwise I'll be pulling it out and hoping a Vintage Air goes in its place.
Andrew Geeting
1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme - FE3X Pro-touring project
EFI 455/T-56/4.30
Image_________________________________________________________________________________

Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!

Return to How-To's / Knowledge Base