GBody Speaker Kick Panels, Do IT YOUSELF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Well, after seeing many people attempt to make things, such as dash boards, center consoles, door panels, etc. I thought I might get back into the swing of things and make some of this stuff again. Afterall, thats how it all began for me, and I was quite good at one point. I figured id warm my self up a bit and in the mean time, share easy ways to do some of this and to make it look a little cleaner than Ive seen.

Seems like people have great intentions and work hard at it, but to me a little too hard not to get better results. i will try my best and promise ill get smoother as i go along with this stuff. i will try to do most with minimal tools, or at least explain how it can be done with less. i started off today with buying a router (plunge and fixed base).

everything I do can be done with a simple jig saw and more patience, if you are going to be doing this stuff often though, i rec. getting a router and learning how to use it. Im starting my son young at this, so we will see how he does, also.

anyhow, my new toy
IMG_0510.jpg

gonna start off by doing a kick panel and door pod. will be a 6.5" in each kick panel and another 6.5" in the lower door panel, the lower door panel im going to do for fun, and may give it away, etc.

IMG_0511.jpg

gotta pick up a few supplies and waiting on my jig to show up to get moving, but thought I would start a thread, so that I dont back out!

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
im very interested in seeing how the kick panels come out. i did one myself but the speaker magnet wouldent fit so i need to come up with another way. looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
SUBSCRIBED! 8) I gotta admit LSCustoms you are a jack of all trades!! :D I wish i had the patience to do it....

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: G Body Speaker Kick Panels, Do IT YOUSELF!

I had some nice Polk Audio Speakers so I took the grills apart and Dyed them to match my Interior parts.
Have Two in the kick panels and two under the back window.
Pulled the little Polk emblems off and sprayed the housings and grills with SEM.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5,642
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 5,464

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
i'm all ears bro...i learned so much of my sh*t from you 80z brothers...word...good sh*t LS. class is in session. may have to hit harbor freight for the tools for this.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
OoooOOooooo this is going to be a good one!!! Im sitting in the front row of the class room...Cant wait to see how they come out..good job.. :D

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
played with the router for a little...

im not liking the fact that i already have to modify the jig i got for it... lmao. normally i would just make one, but oh well... gonna be doing a bit more wood/glass work coming up so figured i would pick it up
IMG_0537.jpg

the holes on it dont quite line up with my router... will have to drill three new holes, no biggie... messed up one of my practice cuts, which still can be used to finish the actual kickpanel if i wanted... routers make this stuff so much easier..

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

purposely left a tiny bit of space between the grill and the inner portion of the ring, to compensate for wrapping it with vinyl, if this were getting painted in the end, wouldn't be a gap, also rounded off the edges of the ring... anyhow, more on this later, just getting a little ahead of myself...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
example of other stuff ive done similar process in the beginning, posted this in another thread, but figured i would post up in my own...

made these for my harley years ago...
100_8060.jpg

100_8083.jpg

more pods Ive made for a friends bike, different style lowers
bothlowerfarings4.jpg

bikepix103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor