Well guys the time has come to restore my el camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Well guys had this car over a year 6 years in Dawnzilla, San Diego lol , Got it back from Cali last week, and the time has come to get it going, This el camino is going to get a complete rebuilt, from ground up, stay tune guys :)

elcaminoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.jpg

from Cali

elcamino1-1.jpg

to Chicago

First step is the body, ugly color need to come out,,

IMG_0017.jpg

Body need get stripped to bare metal by a body shop, YES! I said bare metel, If u need the best u need to remove all the old nasty paint off,,

IMG_0020.jpg

Well the body guy was very impressed that this car had Zero rust, :mrgreen: It's a good thing i bought it from cali :)

IMG_0025.jpg

What do you think guys???? is going to be painted Grand National Black, with TRANS AM GTA wheels all around??? need some input about the color :mrgreen:

Stay tune guys :)
383 stroker on the way
Buick grand national rear end from ebay i hope
still looking for a used cowl hood :(
and I need to find someone in the Chicago land area to redo my wire harness from painless :cry:

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
More pics :
Got the car naked from paint :)

He used http: aircraft-paint-remover good stuff to remove paint

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
84elko said:
damn i remeber those days looking good cant wait to see it all done up!

man your car look sweet in white!

what do u think did i picked the right color??
GRAND NATIONAL BLACK?? :mrgreen: Now u got me thinking white :)

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
More pics:
Well this the 2nd week:

IMG_0067.jpg

Let me know guys :)

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Aw Hell YEAH!! Lookin good bruh! Im in the process of strippin my Monte SS down. Aircraft stripper gets it done. Some will say not to chemical strip tho'. But hittin it with the DA sander afterwards along with properly cleaning will be cool. Lovin the pics. Keep em comin..

Elco Warren

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Aw Hell YEAH!! Lookin good bruh! Im in the process of strippin my Monte SS down. Aircraft stripper gets it done. Some will say not to chemical strip tho'. But hittin it with the DA sander afterwards along with properly cleaning will be cool. Lovin the pics. Keep em comin..

Elco Warren

i was not aware of cleaning after using it?? :wtf:
Damn thanks for letting me know i have to ask my body guy if he did that,, i think he is applying the primer today

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
dose any one know which color primer should i use??
i am using the gray primer,, was wondering if the have any black primer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor