Road Race Regal Project***New Pics 4/12/10!!!!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Productive day today for the most part. Got the steel spacers in for the Kirkey seat and painted up the
rusty brackets and installed it. Also got the main roll cage hoop welded in today. For those
who are planning on installing a Competition Engineering 8-point cage, you will need to cut 2.5" off
the bottom of each side of the hoop to get it to fit. With this configuration, it has about 1.25" clearance
off the roof. Here's some pics of the car, higher quality, trying out my new camera. Sorry for the fact
that shes not clean yet, just got her out of storage and doing all this work on her.

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Re: Road Race Regal Project***March 16, 2010 Update and Pics***

Looks awesome!!! Like the steering wheel 8)

So you're just running the main hoop? What about some door bars? I saw a pic somewhere of some really nice ones that aren't in the way of getting in and out, and cleared the armrest real good somewhere but cant seem to find it. :roll:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

looking great! i want my elky that color!

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ

I love the Flintstone motorvation 8)

In reality, the car looks great :D I'm considering some semblance of a roll bar for mine, just in the name of general safety... not necessarily a multipoint cage that makes getting in/out of the front/rear difficult.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY

I just welded in the main hoop for now. Ill weld in the other 6 points when I get another contact tip for my welder and get time to do it. Probably early next week before I get it welded in the rest of the way. Also have to weld that hole in the floor shut while im at it and install a plate to mount my submarine belt for my 5-point harness.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma

that think looks great. i love them wheels with it

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH

Keep those pics a comin'. Helps make me want to go work on mine.

Donutboy97

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2010
Rochester NY

that car looks bad a$$

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY

The first of this past week was a semi productive one. I managed to install the long tube headers and get them connected to the dumped flowmasters that were already on it, of course it wont be long until these are gone in favor of the nascar right side exit boom tubes, but as for now its loud as hell. Also managed to get the rear downtubes for the cage welded in. I still need to finish weld around the top of the bars inside the car but they are 3/4 of the way complete. This next week if the weather is decent, Ill get around to installing the crossbar and then Ill get that gapping hole in the floorboard welded shut. Then I can get the door bars welded in and weld the plate in for my anti-submarine belt mount. Then Ill install the rest of the harness. I also plan on switching the seat bracket around so that I can adjust some of the rearward tilt out of the seat. After that, I plan on doing a little more interior work, a little trunk work(carpeting or textured paint) and spray the outside with a few coats of satin clearcoat. Ill get some more pictures up around mid week of the progress. Wont be long until its time to hit the brakes and front suspension and then on to the drivetrain. Its coming along nicely.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Road Race Regal March 30th Update with New PICS

Got a little more work done today on the Regal. I got the floor board hole welded in, just have to
throw a little seam sealer around the edges for added protection. Also got the crossbar welded in and
flipped the kirkey seat brackets around since I had them on in reverse, hence the extreme lean. Also was able to
install the safety harness while I was at it. Installed a 4-panel mirror as well so I can actually see a little bit better behind me now
that the cage is in. Tomorrow Ill weld in the door bars and the plate for my anti-submarine
belt. First pic is of the current engine, I do have some wiring issues from the previous redneck owner's hack job. Just need
to tidy the wiring up and get some stuff out of the way. Anywho, enjoy. There should be more pics tomorrow.

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor