Pro-Touring????

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Does any body have any pictures of there Pro-touring g-bodys. Im thinking about going that route and i like how they look and just everything about them. I was wondering if they had to be fuel injected or not. i know it makes them nicer to drive if it was.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
no good pics as i am no where near to done and the body will be last, they basically just have bigger rims, appearance-wise.
you don't need EFI, just a properly tuned carb. if you go to the sticky "holley vs q-jet" you can read about th plusses and minuses of a few different carbs. personally i have a q-jet.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The point of Pro-touring is to have a car that basically does EVERYTHING well.

Acceleration, Braking, Handling, Cruising, Comfort and overall driveability. So its not really a "look" so much as it is a package. Granted, each person may be have a different idea on the comfort and driveability part.

Doesn't have to be fuel injected but generally you will keep the heat, A/C, power steering, power brakes, etc.

Only in progress pics of mine:

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Just a couple of pics of mine of course mine will be more of a full out race car (road course) than a traditional pro-touring car. But still many of the same concepts apply, just heavier racing mods and more safety equipment and such.

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Nice looking Buick!

I think Pro-street is another one of those terms that's a bit hard to really nail down for everyone and each person will have their own take on it.

I would say the general, middle of the road term would be as I mentioned above but then you have extremes to both sides like you mentioned about your Buick. It'll be more to what I would conisder the hardcore side where as a guy that just does some suspension work and bigger rims might be to the other end of the scale.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
pro street is usually defined (or use to be) as a car that is fully tubbed, has pizza cutters up front and steam rollers in the back, a way too huge engine usually equipped with a blower and only down turns for a exhaust, is fully caged...and a loud obnoxious paint job. that's how pro street use to be and i dont think that concept has really ever changed. pro street use to be HOT. it was the way every gear head wanted their car to look.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i think we just confused our terms. there's pro-STREET (see the above description) and pro-TOURING which FE3X described, though there tends to be more of an emphasis on handling than the rest of it.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i like pro touring cars but i think most of it is overkill. they're nice to look at and probably fun to drive but i cant relate to them since the one g-body i have is needed for daily transportation. and i dont think i can justify turning a daily driver into a pro touring car, not for the money needed. i am tweaking my car to be a junior version though, OD for good gas mileage, bigger than stock brakes, frame bracing all over plus all kinds of aftermarket goodies for better handling and a solid reliable engine that doesnt have exotic parts so it cheapish and easy to fix. while still having A/C and a comfortable interior to enjoy it all in. but nothing too extreme except for maybe the suspension, i fully intend to beef up the suspension as much as possible though.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
thanks thats pretty much what i was thinking but i didnt no bout the efi part

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor