BFGoodrich no longer producing radial t/a's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I just tried to order some BFG radial t/a 235 60/15's from a few places. All thought they could get them, however each found out that BFG has suspended production indefinitely (in most of the sizes that fit our g-bodys, no less).

One guy told me that it's possible that they will come back under the Michelin name since Michelin bought them out or something.

Trying to keep my 442 stock looking with the raised white letters. Goodyear no longer makes a RWL tire, and with BFG out of the picture now, I went with Cooper Cobras.

it looks like tires for 14 and 15 inch rims will become harder to find in the next couple years, whether they have a RWL or not.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
No real surprise, been getting harder to get for a while, 14's were near impossible 5-6 years ago.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ive always had BFG radial t/a's on my cars..... :( its a classic american muscle car tire, how the hell could they do that alls i see are muscle cars with them.... it doesnt make sense... :( :evil:

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Looks Like We Will Have To Get Some Firehawk 500s Or Some Ovals

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
its been about 2 years atleast since they stopp makin the 14s and i kno the 15s were right behind them... i got my raised white letter tires for 207 installed at firestone

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I just did a little google search and the only Radial T/A from them that is dicontinued is the G-force and the Euro T/A. The T/A's we all know and love arent going anywhere. According to their website they are BFGoodrich's "anchor".

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Oh and for the OP I just ordered two 225/60r15s T/A's from Summit last friday so try there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor