my Idea of my AC DELETE PANEL brought to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
[youtube]8Dt5Z1InE0w[/youtube]

been thinking about this for a long time, today i decided to do something about it. changed it up a little, but for the most part, youll get the idea.

Can do this and personalize it for you too, if ya want, not selling the chevy emblem though, or just do it yourself, cause thats what this sh*t is all about, giving and not expecting...

18elcamino82 (something special coming your way) thanks bud, for trying to help me, I got you covered in this, when I can and when i get it all the way sorted out...

El Co Mel (you already know), something special coming your way
El Co Warren (you already know), something special coming your way

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
lookin SWEEEET! bro!! Oh boy!! the gbodyforum ac delete plate hater crew gonna hunt you down for this!!! :shock: Blackened plastics, chrome and now this!!!??? Haha Keep up the excellent work bruh

Elco "My chrome gets me home" Warren :mrgreen:

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
Ls you are the man bro, real talk I wish you would move to Chicago i need you bro lol. Seriously great invention

1984 Cutlass

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2012
Bloomington Minnesota
That is awesome! Now I want one!! It's definitely going to look nice

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Looking good brah nice idea indeed . I like the way it lights up for sure . Great job and thanks for posting up the vid . How much did it cost u to get the piece cut with the Chevy emblem ? How do u plan on stopping water penetration around the cut outs of the emblem and letters ?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
Looking good brah nice idea indeed . I like the way it lights up for sure . Great job and thanks for posting up the vid . How much did it cost u to get the piece cut with the Chevy emblem ? How do u plan on stopping water penetration around the cut outs of the emblem and letters ?
cant give out all my secrets just yet, but it should be fine as far as water and it actually seals up very well. the minimal water that would be able to impact that area prob wouldnt effect anything even the way it is now. but it def seals well enough for me, if you wanted it to seal "water tight" you could simply use gasket maker (a small amount and in the right manner)...

as far as getting the piece cut, I wont give out prices on this in the public forum, but it was cut with a laser cutting machine (and the price i paid was cheaper that any plain ac delete plate sold by any company). the emblem and letters were drawn in (by hand, so to speak) off of the cad that my friend emailed me and the panel itself was drawn "by hand" off of the original piece i cut for the car. im going to be drilling the holes and having that laser cut out also... I had this first one cut to work out any bugs, as far as placement etc. and the new one I had cut will work perfect. finishing the rest of the pieces and "cleaning it all up" to make it look very nicely done. gonna be making a few more pieces for personal friends/family then anyone else interested in something like it, that cant do it themselves, i will prob work something out with them, that will more than likely be foolish for them to pass up, not too sure yet. and didnt give all the details, cause im still working on it. didnt do this for money or to sell, started off being about my sons el co

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
please add me to your list of i want one too..... thanks woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor