How does the oil pressure switch work ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I have been running a holley carb with manual choke for a couple years now and over the weekend I swapped it out in favour of a 1910 Quadrajet I picked up from a friend. Problem I found is my electric choke no longer works and the Choke light is now on in the car ( which it never did before I put the holley on ). I ran a hot lead from the + battery terminal to the choke and it opens as it should so I know its in the wiring somewhere. My test light was in my toolbox at work so I couldnt verify much, hopefully its not too dark by the time I get out of work today to have a peek. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

IIRC there is a Ign Sourced 12v+ lead into the switch. When the car is cranked the switch sees the oil pressue closing the switch and competing the circuit. The choke and a couple other items are all on that circuit leading me to beleive that the switch is fine otherwise some of the other tiems on that circuit would not be functioning.

For now I jerry rigged the choke on to a toggle switch just so I could take it for a drive with the new carb.

I am pretty sure the oil pressure switch goes to ground when it sees pressure. At least that is how mine works to run the AC on my tuned port. Of course I don't have a choke pull-off to worry about. An oil pressure sending unit for a gauge would be different as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor