Malibu Wagon Restroation, Frame off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I haven’t had much time to work on it lately; most of what I have been doing since the tear down is working on the interior floor and finding the rot that needs to be fixed.
I also decided to dig out all the seam sealer in the floor panels, etc... After finding surface rust under a good portion of it I didn’t want to take any chances.
Here are some pics of the floor pans before and after cleaned up I still have work to do on the floor but it looks like I will be able to save the original floor :)

Before

P1010141.jpg

P1010142.jpg

After

P1010228.jpg

P1010229.jpg

Also decided to do this right so I bought a new tool, an auto rotisserie :D We were supposed to pull the body off tomorrow but the weather is going to screw us, so hopefully next weekend will be better.

P1010223.jpg

Door braces on, body is ready to go on the rotisserie.

P1010224.jpg

P1010225.jpg

Homemade brace for the rear of the body, probably did't need it but what the hell right.

P1010226.jpg

Stay tuned.

Link to all the pics of this project can be found here Malibu pictures by turbo231 - Photobucket

Reactions: 1 user

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
That rocks. I need to lift the back of mine off the frame a bit to fix the rear frame pieces since they are rusty. Do you know if it is possible to just unbolt the body from the frame and jack it about 6" or would I need to undo a gazillion things to do that?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for posting your progress pictures. I also wish I had the room to take mine apart and do it right. It's nice to have help when you need it, plus a supportive dad. Lookin' good, man. Keep up the good work.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
SWEET START TO A GREAT PROJECT? WHAT BRAND IS THAT ROTISSERIE?? IT'S ALOT NICER THEN THE ONE I BUILT. MEH MY WORKS BUT THAT ONE IS SURE NICE!!!

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Its built by a company in TX I can’t find there info right now, it sells through their e-bay store for $949 with $299 of free attachments and the door braces for different bodied cars. The kicker was the $199 in shipping costs I didn’t want to pay. But $949 with everything powder coated was a great deal considering eastwoods bare steel rotisserie sells for $849 that I was going to by since they are local the only problem was they do not stock it its dropped shipped to you from the manufacture so I was back to paying shipping $233 which put the $849 rotisserie at $1082 shipped bare steal.
After looking around I found a place called Greg Smith equipment they sell the same one as above from the TX company powder coated for $989. Still looking I found there e-bay store, they listed it on e-bay for $949 with the free $299 of accessories, so I called and they gave me the e-bay price in there Newark Del store location. 20 minutes from my house, no tax in Del, and I picked it up no shipping out the door for $949 with the free attachments and the door braces! Can't beat it, I was going to build one but I would be about $500 just in materials for the extra $449 & powder coated it was worth it.

whasshup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2010
North Carolina
I found it on ebay also. Made by "Direct-Lift" and sold by The Derek Weaver Company. How is it workin out for you 87GN? Good Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor