Project Sucker-Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Has anybody else seen this yet on Powerblock TV!?

They're taking a '78 Buick Century, sticking in a 461ci Pontiac motor putting out monster power, updating the drivetrain/suspension on it, and making it into the ultimate sleeper.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show ... ep_show=HP

The Episode is still pretty new so there isn't any video up for it yet, but I would guess within the week it should be up. I can't wait to see what they do so I can steal a few ideas from them! :lol:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
It's funny that you posted this today ... my morning part-time guy was telling me about this earlier 8)

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Buford T. JuSStice said:
Has anybody else seen this yet on Powerblock TV!?

They're taking a '78 Buick Century, sticking in a 461ci Pontiac motor putting out monster power, updating the drivetrain/suspension on it, and making it into the ultimate sleeper.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show ... ep_show=HP

The Episode is still pretty new so there isn't any video up for it yet, but I would guess within the week it should be up. I can't wait to see what they do so I can steal a few ideas from them! :lol:

Lol I was going to post this i just never got to it haha. A sleeper wagon pushing 800HP and 1100 TQ?? sounds badass to me :twisted:

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
i did, that ride tech suspension they are using was NICE!!!! if i had the money id send my car over that way, they just a few hours away

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I was definately suprised when I saw the show saturday morning.
I almost bought that exact wagon about 4 years ago. The paint and wheels are dead give-aways.
The painted bumpers and the fact that '78-'79 Century's are the ugliest of all G-bodies are why I kept looking... :lol:
I ended up buying my Cutlass wagon a couple months later.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Awesome!
But.....
so much money.... I don't feel so good :oops: :puke:
I don't even wanna know how much those suspension parts cost. Especially if they're not even gonna take full advantage of them. It's like these guys only exist to mock my low income. :lol:

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
307 Regal said:
Awesome!
But.....
so much money.... I don't feel so good :oops: :puke:
I don't even wanna know how much those suspension parts cost. Especially if they're not even gonna take full advantage of them.

I always wonder how much they actually drive all the project cars they build..And I also want to know what Horsepower does with all the engines they build

MalibuWagon83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2011
Finally they're doing a GBody wagon! I can't wait to see it finished. It's definitely gonna be a power house. Wish I had the money to do that stuff to my wagon! lol

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Pretty awesome wagon. I like the look of it, and like the color. Are the painted bumpers stock on that car?
I couldn't imagine that car being streetable with those low 4.56 gears...unless they're going with a 6-spd or overdrive.
I'll bet it'll be a fast ride, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor