79 Pontiac(the pumpkin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
New to the Gbody cars. I just picked this wagon up for my wife so she can have a fun toy to drive. She hates my other cars, says they are too big for her to drive lol. So far I'm impressed with this car. Lots of good power with the mild built 350sbc t350. It has a very hiway gear to the rear, this must be changed asap.lol. I think this car could cruise over 100mph all day long.
The car screams 1990's, but whatever. It's pretty solid with minimal rust issues, nothing I'm worried about. It's a daily driver and I'll just maintain what I have with hopefully minor changes, mainly the rear gear to maybe a 3:42 single legger, and maybe some rally II's.
I've been into muscle cars all my life and always though that one day I might would like to get a Gbody malibu someday. Always thought they were pretty cool sleepers. I also have re-discovered the Grand Am, sharp looking cars. Anyhow, here are some pics, what do you all think?

188.jpg

189.jpg

197.jpg

200.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
It does shout 90's but I wouldn't care, id rock it. A change in wheels would shed a lot of that feeling. For as hard as clean wagons are to find it doesn't matter.

Nice buy!

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Looks good. What other cars u got? It would take a big one to be bigger than a wagon. Lol

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
81cutlass said:
It does shout 90's but I wouldn't care, id rock it. A change in wheels would shed a lot of that feeling. For as hard as clean wagons are to find it doesn't matter.

Nice buy!

Yeah, I think the chrome rally II's are the ticket to bring it into the current times.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Evan's 85 said:
Looks good. What other cars u got? It would take a big one to be bigger than a wagon. Lol

In my sig, I have a factory two wheel drive 70 Blazer on airbags, that's my show truck, triple black, very nice condition.
Also daily driving a 1970 Mercury Montego that I've turned into a cyclone sort of. That's the big car she complains about. I just laugh because to me, it's not big at all. Not any bigger than a 79 pontiac wagon lol. I see you have a 65 c10. Nice...

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
oranGekrate said:
81cutlass said:

Nice buy!

Yeah, I think the chrome rally II's are the ticket to bring it into the current times.
17'' Rally II's would be Cool 8)

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm kicking myself in the butt right now because I just got back from my local Va state inspection station. BAD NEWS for me. It won't pass due to not having any of the factory emissions. I told the inspector that we don't have emissions inspections in this county. His reply was, your right, but they must still be on the car. What a bunch of crap. So I have two options, sell it, or get antique tags with limited driving. That sucks. This was supposed to be a daily driver. Still love the car, but I'm ticked off right now... :bs:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
I really dig the wagon. Rally II's would look nice on there, but I think it looks cool the way it sits.

That's a bunch of crap about the emissions equipment. What does it really need to comply? I would have thought that due to it's age it would be emissions exempt.
I think they're yankin' your chain.

I hope you're able to get past the bureaucratic bullshit.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
oranGekrate said:
Evan's 85 said:

In my sig, I have a factory two wheel drive 70 Blazer on airbags, that's my show truck, triple black, very nice condition.
Also daily driving a 1970 Mercury Montego that I've turned into a cyclone sort of. That's the big car she complains about. I just laugh because to me, it's not big at all. Not any bigger than a 79 pontiac wagon lol. I see you have a 65 c10. Nice...
Oh i see lol..I like the Montego's. Yep, I've got a C-10...as for the wagon, thats bs I wouldn't sell it though, hopefully antique tags will work out.

rustedandweathered

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 21, 2012
dude im so jealous rite now i think i could just :puke: seriously that wagon is cool as **** and i luv that its a lemans. dont get me wrong i realy like malibu's but its so nice to see the 'other" g wagons done up :D the wheels mite be outdated to some but they look sweet...why mess with a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor