Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I need the last 10-12 inchs of a damaged or junk frame for the passengers side to rob the body mount perch off of.
See pic below. I currently do not have a perch on the right frame rail as a wagon should I need to add the perch on the right frame rail. It looks the same as the perch on the left. Trying to save from fabbing something up. Thanks

frame.jpg

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Re: Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chas

Edit: Just noticed this is the wagon forum.
Got no clue what the end of a wagon frame looks like... :wink:

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

On a wagon it should be there. The car rode fine on this chassis before and would again without it but I want to do it right so I need to add it.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

The picture below shows 3 different sets of GM body frames for the 1978 - 88 G body's. The frame on the left is for the El-Camino, the middle one is the car, and the one on the right is the station wagon.

FF96F66E-A1DC-4A89-B3FC-39D9F5285F94-1474-0000006C1B1F5CFD.jpg

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Sorry guys but I didnt start the thread for this debate I know what I need, been working on it now for 3 years. The wagon body is on a sedan frame from a GN. The sedan rear body mount locations are different If anyone can help me find the piece I need let me know otherwise Ill fab something up. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

here is the picture of your frame from your thread and I wasn't trying to debate you...like I was trying to tell you ,there is no bushing perch there

P1010233.jpg

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Thats the same frame that was under the car when I took it apart. It didnt have the perch cause its a gn frame so it was missing the rear bushing on that side. To add it As a wagon should have I need the perch.

The last bushing on the frame in the pic you posted was just sitting in there. There
Is no bolt in the body to tighten it. So if I add the perch as the frame should have I can locate the bushing to the proper location on the body and it should help stiffen the car up
a bit.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I didn't know a GN frame would fit under a wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor