Century to Regal header panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy87T

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 16, 2013
Central MA
I have a '79 Century wagon. The header panel is rather unattractive. What are my exchange options? Have to assume 1982-83 Regal wagon/sedan would be the easiest but not easy to find. I've found a 1980 Regal coupe. Will that fit?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
A fellow who is a member of this forum has put a Regal coupe nose on his Century wagon. According to him, it did require some metal shaping around the door (edge) lines.
I don't think I still have the pictures of his car, but it looked pretty cool.
Personally I like the '79 nose better. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I recall seeing a Buick Wagon with a GN nose clip on it before .... mabey on of the best looking wagons I've ever seen 8)

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I found the pic of the Buick wagon with regal nose. It was recently painted when this shot was taken.
IMAG1056_zps7fb1f838.jpg

Jimmy87T

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 16, 2013
Central MA
I'm not considering the 87 nose, that's a bit of work. I think the 80 Regal coupe header will bolt onto my Century fenders. One way to find out I guess.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The '80 header panel may be an easier fit, and will probably bolt onto your existing fenders. Using the later header panel would require using the fenders and hood, if I recall correctly.
The '80 header panel can't be that much different than the '79..I'm guessing.
Keep us up to date on your findings.

Nov 4, 2012
Longroof79 said:
I found the pic of the Buick wagon with regal nose. It was recently painted when this shot was taken.

That car is pure automotive genius. What would be really kick-*ss is if someone made a grand national wagon with blackout paint & trim, turbo v6, turbo hood, GN seats and steering wheel, etc. I'm not really a grand national guy, but that would be an awesome wagon.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I remember seeing that one before. It looks pretty nice...but lose the wire wheels. :roll: They do not belong on that car.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I like the Century front end too just because you never see them. I think the Century Turbo Coupes got a bit of black out treatment (or the owner of the car in that pic did it) with the grille if you think that makes a difference in looks.

And the Century Turbo Coupe

I also think the '78 Grille looks slightly better

Attachments

• century wagon.jpg
    century wagon.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 3,151
  • turbo coupe.jpg
    turbo coupe.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,550
  • 1978 Buick Century.jpg
    1978 Buick Century.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,923
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor