79 BuWaGone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
This is gonna be a very slow build but I'll try and peck away at small projects. Lack of funds, no garage, new baby coming and this being my daily drive will contribute to the speed or lack of speed on this build.

Bought the wagon back in May have been just using as gas n' go transportation but recently helped a friend strip a MCSS and got a bunch of goodies for free. So far I installed the f/r swaybars, jounce bars and bucket seats. I still have to mount the center console, shifter, dash, steering box and steering column.

Not sure if I'm goin street/strip stye or Pro Touring-ish style. I like both but I'm leaning toward street/strip because it's cheaper. My other future plans are:

Weld Draglites or 17/18 Boss 338s depending if I go for the drag or pro-touring look.
lower to just tuck the tires, maybe cut coils at first then coil overs
350TH. Was going to a 200-4R but I hardly drive more than 10 miles and hardly on the freeway.
400 SBC, hoping my planned parts make a dependable 400hp engine

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Welcome, looking forward to the build.

BTW, we needs pics lol.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Same pics as my intro thread. Previous G-bodies and my 79 BuWaGone.

Attachments

• scso18.jpg
    scso18.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 1,191
  • pics 032.jpg
    pics 032.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 5a694730.jpg
    5a694730.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,169
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,186
  • null-1.jpg
    null-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,177

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Finally made a little more progress this week. I finally got all the brackets to mount my Monte center console and B&M Megashifter. After I clean and paint the floor, I'll put the carpet back in and paint the console. I don't want to scratch up the paint so I want to make sure the console doesn't have to come out again.

One question, is center consoles actually supposed to be off center? My console is centered on the trans hump and aligned with the dash but is very close to the passenger seat. I'll just slot the seat mounts so I can slide it over a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,099

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
A few month back I bought a few Autometer Sport Comp II gauges for a good price off eBay. I got a electronic speedo, volt, fuel level and electronic oil pressure. I finally got my tach and will be getting my water temp. soon. Now I'm debating if I should go with mechanical for oil pressure and water temp, because they are 270 degree sweep and have a more precise read out.

I just have to make a panel to mount the gauges.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Got my Monte SS guage box mounted. Right now only thr fuel level work, I ran out of day light. Since the speedo is electric I have the mount the sender to the speedo ouput on the trans and run the wires to the speedo. I also have to make a panel to mount my oil, volt and water temp and get some LED lights to use a my blinker indicators.

Attachments

• D459C3E.jpg
    D459C3E.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 850

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im liking that gauge cluster. I hate it when people feel the need to cram like 8 gauges in there with half of them not visible. Let me know how you wire up those turn signal indicators. Im looking to do mine when my custom gauge panel is back from the fab shop.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The dash is clean, now you just have to find a home for others. :D

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
liquidh8 said:
The dash is clean, now you just have to find a home for others. :D

On the first pic of the gauges you can see I cut out the area were the warning lights go. I'm gonna make a plate to mount for the oil, volt and water temp. Hopefully AFR, fuel pressure and boost gauge on the A-pillar one day...lol

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
-83MONTESS- said:
Im liking that gauge cluster. I hate it when people feel the need to cram like 8 gauges in there with half of them not visible. Let me know how you wire up those turn signal indicators. Im looking to do mine when my custom gauge panel is back from the fab shop.

I plan on taking the blinker wires on of the factory haness and running then the some LEDs. That is how I did the fuel level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor