Probably going to sell my wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
My dad passed and I inherited his pickup. I had been using my wagon as a truck but I no longer have room for it nor need it. Thinking about selling it and kind of wondering how much to ask for it. Here's the rundown:

79 Cutlass Cruiser Brougham. Not sure why it is a Brougham since everything is standard in it.
Needs a paint job very bad but the body is straight and not rusty except for some surface rust here and there.
Interior needs to be restored but is currently functional. Near tailgate there is surface rust where it leaked at one time but it no longer leaks.
Everything is pretty typical for a car this old. Mechanically, it is sound. Recently replaced brakes shoes, pads, cylinders, calipers, and master cylinder. New alternator. New steering pump. New power steering gear. New radiator and hoses. New heater core. A/C was working up until recently when refrigerant leaked out. But, it blew cold air until then. Relatively new tires with plenty of tread. New catalytic converter. New oil pump. (By "new" I mean remanufactured parts from the auto parts store).

Engine is 260 V8. Runs good. Always starts on 2nd try after sitting a long time. Otherwise, starts right up and runs good. I recently removed the heads and intake manifold and desludged it. I did this because I had to fix a leaky exhaust manifold and one thing lead to another.

This car is ugly but it is a solid daily driver. I have no idea how many miles are on it. Speedo says around 5000. Could be 105000 or 205000 or 305000. Most likely 205000.

I have some parts to throw in that I gathered. I had a nice dash that has no cracks for the most part that I planned on dying and putting in it. I have some door panels that I collected from a Malibu that could go in it. I have some interior plastic pieces that can be used to replace some of the sun dried parts.

This is my favorite car. If I had the room I wouldn't think of getting rid of it. I can't drive it without smiling and it never lets me down.

Anyway, what do you think a car like this is worth? The new parts I put in it alone are worth at least $500. If I could get $1000 for it I'd be happy but I know that will be hard.

I'm in Raleigh NC if anyone on here is interested. My avatar picture is the car. That's how it looks right now. Hood looks burnt but it is just some black spray paint that someone sprayed on it before I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor