Getting my new '83 back on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomaxmotorsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
Well my wagon got delivered the other day, found her on caigslist a few hours away she is in pieces but has a decent new paint job on her.
1384083_10202176286626863_92026776_n.jpg
I didn't get much of a chance till yesterday to see all what is there and what is missing. All the rubber seams to be there but is in bad shape so after reading on here I took a trip to the pull a part junk yard to see what I could find they had a couple caravans but only one had good gaskets on the back, snagged that up and got it put on yesterday. I started trying to figure out what I'm missing to get this car back on the road and so far here is my list.
1. Tail light wiring harness
2. A fan and shroud
3. The little rods that the door handles pull up to open the door.
I'm sure there will be more. If anybody has a lead on any of this stuff if you can pass it along Ito me it woe be a big help!
Thanks
Mike

Lomaxmotorsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
V8 Rumble said:
Those plates go on the inside of the bumpers so you can mount them on the bumper shocks. Congrats on the long roof!
Ok cool was wondering all what I needed to mount the bumpers it has them and they are new!
1395386_10202176285546836_790836815_n.jpg

Does anyone sell a bolt kit with all the bolts or should I just get them from the local hardware?
Anyone know what size bolts?

Lomaxmotorsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
Cool we have a really good hardware store here in town (I worked there for 5 years) and they carry lots of fasteners most don't so I will probably go that route right now but I'll lcheck out those vendors for some other stuff like the light on the rear quarter panel, The rubber for the doors, ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It looks good, Mike.
I think you have a good start there. The fact that it already freshly painted, It looks like it's just a matter of assembling and enjoying it.
Keep us updated on your progress.

Lomaxmotorsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
Well been trying to get this thing running, it will start with a little gas down the carb so I put a new filter in the carb hoping thy would help but no luck so I pulled the line and checked what was pumping out
1381278_10202276336848056_1623471206_n.jpg
don't think it will run on that! This carb for sure needs a rebuild but I really don't want to do it! So talking to my buddy at the parts store tonight he said he has a line on a 5.3 with a harness in my price range! Wasn't planing on doing the swap yet but don't want to waist money on this 305. Hoping it all works out I'm jonesing to drive this car!

Lomaxmotorsports

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2013
She is looking better with bumpers mounted up just got to get some filler panels front and rear and those bumpers stick way far out, I hate to cut up new bumpers but the fit is not like I want it.
1392044_10202276337288067_2123501122_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor