Malibu wagon parts car value

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
How much would you guys price in a Malibu Wagon parts car? I found a mid 80s wagon for $850. Floors are good (accept spare tire area) only one body mount in the rear is shot. Seats are very nice both front and rear and has a spare dash. Doors are decent, no hood, engine,or trans. Currently has a 454 in it and the guy said he would pull the motor and trans and sell me the roller. Basically all I want from it are the front fenders, floors and interior pieces. Wondering if this is a good value for a parts car and if I could make my money back from it

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Josh,
Take some pics of the car inside and out. Where the rear mount is shot, is the frame rails still good? What type of rearend is in it? Is he willing to move any on the price?

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Frame is good as well as the floors (except the spare tire well and the false floor in the back) 7.5 rear. Thing looks rough but the main thing i need which is the interior is mint. Was a base model 6 cylinder when it started life out. Still has the base model malibu steering wheel. He wont budge off the 850 he wanted 3500 with the the bone stock 70s 454 in it...... :roll:

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds like another character that thinks he's sitting on gold. I suppose if you feel that there's enough good parts on it for your own car. I guess you'll need to make that determination... between selling off what you don't need, keeping what you will need and scrapping the rest it might end up being worth it. Just make sure you pick off all the good hard to find parts.
Is the body any better than your current wagon?
Having a good complete interior is a plus rather than piecing one together with odd color parts, plus having to paint them to match.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
The paint is worse for sure and has a lot more surface rust. I did briefly think about using it for the base of the wagon but it has poorly welded up roof rack holes and more surface rust on the quarters then I want to mess with. Thanks Jack I appreciate the imput, im still not sure on the price but a lot of the parts I still need are on it. Im not really sure what parts to pull off of it to sell that are hard to find on wagons. It does have the rear glass that has the wing and all the glass in it is good so that's a plus

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Josh,
I guess you can start by making a list of what your car needs that this car can provide. Then itemize all the good parts on it and what you can sell.
It's always good to have a spare rear hatch glass. The rear hatch hinges w/ wing can always be sold if not needed. Compare the condition of the doors to yours...if not needed, you could always sell those. The vent windows are good to have. The headliner board. All the glass. Dash, if good...and interior, of course. Fenders and assorted sheet metal. The frame, if good. Bumpers and bumper parts. Reinforcement bar. wiring. Plastic wheel houses. Drip rail moldings. Pretty much everything.

I don't see many wagons being parted out anymore. If so, they're pretty rough.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Thanks Jack, ill make a list, im sure the parts value just for my own wagon will equal up past the asking price. Heck seat covers alone are over 500 bucks for front and rear wagon seats. Front fenders 100 each new so im almost covered with just that i think. Only thing that seems hard to sell are the frames really

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor