Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMitch32

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2013
Got the new cam installed in the Wagon and lo and behold I dodged a bullet. Didn't bust a hole in a piston but it did destroy my Heads. Rockers bent, valve tips mushroomed and studs stretched. (Pulling out) Found a set for $75 used. New from Summit is $315 each. Not too bad but still outta my price range. Add on top of that I lost my house and Garage. (LONG STORY! Never deal with family) Anyway, like I said, found a used set for $75, and just as I lost out on a 2004R and matching rear end out of an Elco for $200 to fix the water pump in the Wife's Jeep, I have to replace the Radiator AGAIN! Add in all the missed services that were never done BEFORE we got it and looks like my Wagon is gonna be on the back burner for a while longer. Still looking for a rear end but I'm leaning more and more towards just rebuilding what I have. Can't break in the cam until I replace the heads and can't really drive it too much cause the rear is so far gone. :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor