4-door gauge pillar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I was wondering if any 4-door guys or wagon owners have come up with an add on pod that fir their car. I know there is a difference between the 2 and 4 door car a-pillars. But I'm not sure if the old "ADD-ON" pillar will work on a wagon. So if anyone has good info on this topic ,Please let me know.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I tried to make one, the difference in the shape makes it difficult but with a heat gun it is possible. I added that to tobys thread about having pillars made for 4 door cars but i dont think they have thought about it yet

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I installed a 2 door loteck 3 gauge pillar pod in my wagon when I had it together the first time. I just hacked the top of it off right above the top screw hole & the bottom after the first pod. I didn't look pretty but it worked I over layed it on top of the factory pillar with intentions of fiber glassing/molding the 2 parts together but never did.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I made one for mine. Using the 3 pods pillar from a 2 door, and alot of hacking, heat, plastic welder, epoxy, etc. A pain in the a$$, but worth it. The aftermarket pillar pods don't wrap around the pinch weld of the A-pillar like the factory ones, mine does. I am not a fan of how that looks, better than nothing I suppose.

The first time around

21713810096_large.jpg

31493864339_original.jpg

Here you see how mine sraps around like factory, since the lower portion is factory.

31493864364_original.jpg

31493864363_original.jpg

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Yes indeed!! Those look good to me. I'm gonna give it a try for sure now. Buy I think I'm going to just use the Autometer ADD-ON type. Instead of a true fit 2 door piece. That's all the G-body guys had, before someone made a form fit gauge pillar cover. But thanks for responding, I love to see pics of other g-body owners work.
Any other wagon/4-door gauge installs please post all the pics you have of your work too!!!! Thanks

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
liquidh8 said:
I made one for mine. Using the 3 pods pillar from a 2 door, and alot of hacking, heat, plastic welder, epoxy, etc. A pain in the a$$, but worth it. The aftermarket pillar pods don't wrap around the pinch weld of the A-pillar like the factory ones, mine does. I am not a fan of how that looks, better than nothing I suppose.

The first time around

21713810096_large.jpg

31493864339_original.jpg

Here you see how mine sraps around like factory, since the lower portion is factory.

31493864364_original.jpg

31493864363_original.jpg

That looks awesome! guess I'm gonna have to make one of those if I am able to turbo my wagon like I want to. What paint did you use?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
liquidh8 said:

I remember ordering a full length 2 gauge pillar for my Monte and when it came and didn't have that edge that wraps around and I thought the look was totally unacceptable and sent it back.
I was in disbelief that anyone would waste time producing that so it had such an unfinished look besides loosing structural integrity with that design.(very flimsy)

It bet yours was a lot of work but it came out great and the finished product speaks for itself, I'm sure it was well worth the effort.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Buwagon, For paint, I used duplicoler bedliner (for texture), then SEM saddle to match.

565, I also thought that was crappy. I am pressed with my results.

Thanks guys.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I need to revive this thread guys ! I understand the wagon and coupe A pillars are different. Im looking at the add on 2 gauge pod. Not the full one. Does this fit on a wagon ?

CALI-WAGON_09

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2009
Los Angeles,CA
Here is mine from a few years ago. bought universal triple pod cut and formed a little with a heat gun then painted.
Lasted 5 years now I'm fiberglassing a new dash cluster to house all 6 of my guages

Attachments

• CAMERA PICS 058.jpg
    CAMERA PICS 058.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 567
  • CAMERA PICS 059.jpg
    CAMERA PICS 059.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 563
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor