200R4 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
have a question,

I have a 80 malibu wagon with a small block with a turbo 350.

picked up a 88 monte with a small block and a 200r4, was going to swap everything over but dont know if i wanna put the computer and all the updated emission crap in the car,

do you know if the 200r4 is plug and play with all the connectors from the th350? anyone know if the drive shafts are different?

unless someone can chime in about the computer stuff on the 88 harness???

it would be nice to upgrade the cruise system to the newer style and going throw the fact pkg in the car, i know the cluster is a pretty easy swap, just dont know about the cruise.

thanks kevin

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
It's not really plug & play for an 80 Malibu with a TH350 in it. You will most likely need a frame extension from an 81-88 Gbody for the trans crossmember. Your drive shaft should be the correct length. The shifter linkage mounts to the trans pan differently, and you will need a switch for the lock up torque converter if you don't want the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor