Brian Griffith's '83 Malibu Wagon wins Super Chevy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
brian won 'Best of Show' Conversion Class at Super Chevy Car Show in Palm Beach this weekend! AND the '86 El Camino he built was the winner of El Camino Street Class. nice job brian and josh! check out this vid....I am editing other vids from the weekend right now with more cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKF6Tv2 ... zWtgChtBYg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congrats Brian and Josh.. :)
Kudos to you guys...

Thanks for posting the videos, Ed.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
congrats brian! glad i could be a "PART" of the build! :wink: watch out for member "liquidh8" as he has some tricks up his sleeve,and is also on a mission with his gn powered gbody wagon!

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Nice going Brian! I'm sure the judges in Florida are just as nit pickey as they are in Arizona. Out of curiosity, how many cars were in the class and were any of them G-Bodys?

Again, nice going. ... :D

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :)

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
at super chevy the conversion class is 'show wide', all classes - monte carlo, camaro, chevelle, etc. I don't know how many there were, but at a show like this, it's more than a few. taking a car from chevy 6cly to chevy 8 cyl or replacing a 327 with a 350 or even a big block is not considered a conversion - unless one changed the chevy V8 to something like a big block buick V8 (there were at least 2 like that, one was a small block chevy V8 converted to a big block 455 buick V8 in an el camino)

Josh Hanna

Greasemonkey
Feb 3, 2013
Coral Spings FL
Longroof79 said:
Congrats Brian and Josh.. :)
Kudos to you guys...

Thanks for posting the videos, Ed.
Thanks man it was a hot one :D

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Thanks again Ed for documenting a fun weekend!! :D :D Always a good time hangin with the El Camino Central guys, maybe next year won't be so hot. 8)

The next event I have decided to do is Hot Rod Power Tour with the wagon this summer. Tour starts in Charlotte, NC on June 7 and ends in Wisconsin Dells, WI on June 14. I am planning on doing the whole tour (about 1500 miles) with my wife and 5 year old son. Including getting to the first venue and a mini trip to Minnesota to see my wifes family afterwards and then home will be about 4800 miles in 2 1/2 weeks :shock:

Look forward to hopefully seeing some of you guys at the stops along the way...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
Be sure to take lots of pics on the PowerTour :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor