Rear glass latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrofenix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

I am having an issue with my rear glass. It does not latch into the tailgate - it looks like there is a missing spring or something but I don't have any photos of what is "Correct".

The tailgate latches just fine, but does not capture the piece on the glass. I can take a photo this evening after work to better show what I mean.

pyrofenix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Here are a couple photos that show the latch - When I took the rear panel off, I found glass - so it has been broken into previously which I suspect is why I have issues with the latch now.

Attachments

• IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_4928.JPG
    IMG_4928.JPG
    740 KB · Views: 377

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The latch appears to be in the locked position.
From what I can recall, there is a spring that works with the pivot portion of the latch. Moving that part with your fingers, do you feel spring tension?

Have you also tried adjusting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor