78 wagon whats it worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

78longroof

n00b
Jun 11, 2014
I have a question for forum members,
I am looking at seeling my 78 Malibu wagon, Because i will be inhertiting my grandparents 62 Belair wagon and that holds more sentiment than this one.
Here are some particulars on the malibu

1978 malibu wagon 4dr
200 CI v-6
3spd Floorshift
No AC/ No power doors etc.
car runs and drives, other than could use valve guide(smokes when started but then goes away)
67k orig miles
Car all original, other than the parts i have removed to do the bodywork properly

Interior all original other than being sun faded, has carpet kit, but no headliner(didnt have one when i got it )
all door panels in great shape, all doors and windows work properly
all glass good including frt Windshld

Paint is original blue, but i have been working on it due to Laq. crack, roof.hood in primer, other sides are in primer in spots at the moment.
Car is very straight and rust free, shoehorns in good shape as well

Car was built in Fremont Ca and sold to a GM dealer in Wa state in 1978
have original build sheet that was under the rear seat,
Car would make a very good project for someone

Looking from other members what this car might be worth, i will post pics one i move it out of the garage and get good all around pics
Thanks

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
Based on the info you have given, I couldn't see myself paying more than 800.00 and that would be if I REALLY wanted it. Pictures would help but I don't think Im off by much.

These cars in this market just don't bring anywhere near as much as most people think they should. Now the 62 Belair longroof, that's a different story.
Im sure somebody somewhere would love to own it, its just a matter of finding said person with money in a reasonable amount of time. You may have heard this before, but Ill say it anyway. Its worth whatever somebody is willing to pay.

Now the 62 Belair longroof, that's a different story.

HTH

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes, definitely post some pics of it...and also where is the car located?

I don't blame you for choosing the '62 Chevy wagon, other than having sentimental value,the '62 Belair is worth considerably more money...and I'd love to own one myself. 8) Post some pics of that when you get it.

78longroof

n00b
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks williamattop,
thants why i just threw it out just to see.

Longroof79 car is located in The pacific N.W of Washington state, close to the Idaho/Wa border

I will post pics for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor