CARGO FLOOR REMOVAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
81msw79 said:
I need to remove the cargo floor in my 83 wagon. what all is involved in removing it? how long does it usually take?

A few hours... I pulled out any piece of plastic touching it, and if I recall correctly the top half of the rear seat has to come out too. Get a friend to help pull the sheet metal floor out, or start deadlifting...

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
It's just a bunch of screws. The hinge for the rear seat needs to come off as that's what holds the front section down. You don't need to take the spare tire lid off but it makes it lighter when removing. Also makes it less stable (more flimsy). I agree with Mike, take the plastic trim pieces out first, you really can't do it without doing that. The pieces that the trim panels sit in can be left attached to the piece. I'm not sure you could get to the screws to remove them in the car anyways. Take your time and you definitely need a buddy helping or you'll scratch the crap out of everything it comes in contact with. ...

Scott, ...

:arrow: :wink: :arrow: :wink: :arrow:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have to remove mine as well to be painted and lay down some sound deadening on the sub floor.. It has been out before and is just laying in there unscrewed. It is awkward to handle and as Mike and Scott said, it helps to have another pair of hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor