headliner clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
is there a way to get the head liner clips out without breaking them??

pulled my liner last weekend , broke everyone, have a parts car that im going to try to save the clips on since the wagon clips in the rear are no longer around

THANKS KEVIN

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
thanks Jack

I take those are for the back and rear side peices and i believe there is different clips for the front which has 5 and then there are the two that screw on??

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Kevin,
The ones that go across the rear trim are unique. Car-pak shows both the ones that go across the front trim and the rear.
The front ones are used in all G-body cars, the rears are for the wagon only.
I believe you're right. There's 5- across the front and if I'm not mistaken, another 5-across the rear. I'll have to take another look at mine.
The headliner has been down for the last 2-yrs. I don't think it uses the same clips along the sides, but I'll take another look-see.
I think there's also a spring clip on each side toward the rear that helps support the headliner shell. Nothing screwed in.

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
Jack you are right about the spring clips. do you know if those are still around

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
1983mailbuwagon said:
Jack you are right about the spring clips. do you know if those are still around
Kevin,
I'm not sure about those. Are you missing them? I think I ended up not removing them...they're still in place as far as I know. I think you'd be able to get by without them.

BTW, there's only 4-clips along the rear trim. No clips on the side trim other than the 2-spring clips in the upper 1/4 window area.
The side pieces just kinda lock together and are also held up by the B and C-pillar pieces.

cwp2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2009
Sioux City, IA
This is timely info for me as I just pulled out my headliner this past weekend. Thanks.
Yet I seem to remember breaking plastic clips as I removed the rear side moldings along with the very rear trim.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Jack, how in the world did you find those?!? When I did mine I was at a total loss, all I could do was use old ones. Next time! Thank's!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Maybe you could change the title to something like: malibu wagon headliner clips. So it comes up first when people search in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor