79 Pontiac LeMans Sport Wagon HOOD Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juveteach

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2014
Concord NC
Hey Guys, Great to be on here as a G Body owner!!
I have a question?
The AutoFair is in Charlotte this week so I figured I would go out and look for a Hood for my wagon.
My question is....What models can I look for?
I mean will a 2 door work or does it have to be a 4 door LeMans?
Thanks in advance and I'll be watching!!
Mike

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Mike!
2-dr and 4-dr hoods would be the same. However, I'm not sure about what years interchange, but I assume any Lemans from '78-'81 should work. No Bonnevilles.
Perhaps one of the Pontiac guys will chime in and confirm what years to look out for.

Post some pics of your wagon.

Ferret

Apprentice
Aug 31, 2012
Luxembourg
[quote="Longroof79"2-dr and 4-dr hoods would be the same. However, I'm not sure about what years interchange, but I assume any Lemans from '78-'81 should work. No Bonnevilles.[/quote]

nothing more to add :) I own a 78 Grand Lemans 2-dr and I got my new hood from an 81 station wagon ^^

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Try this site, you can check your closest junkyards to see if they have your hood. http://car-part.com/

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
VFN makes a fiberglass one too. I need to go that route as I went through 3 hoods and they are all too wavy for my liking. Good luck!

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I was at Spring Charlotte this year. I found nothing for our cars. It's still definitely and event worth attending though. It is huge!
Not sure where you are at but I have a couple of hoods near Knoxville TN.

Juveteach

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2014
Concord NC
Thanks Guys!!!
I am in Concord NC. I kinda want a 2" COWL hood, but the nose on these cars have the bump in the middle that makes it look funny with a flat hood.
I just need a stock hood to replace my rusted one.
I will post some pics soon. I'm leaning to the RAT ROD ...SLEEPER look, I have a pretty nasty 377ci super stock motor that I bought from a friend and a Th400...my car has some surface rust on it. I am probably gonna leave it for now to see how it turns out. I am a Auto Shop Teacher and I'm letting the kids work on it. Not much of a budget to work on it, it's all coming out of my pocket after all the bills are paid...I KNOW Y'all can relate to that...lol

Thanks for the input, I'll keep watching...Thanks Again...glad to be on here!!!

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
Sounds like a viable plan without breaking the proverbial bank. Being an auto shop teacher, at least you have a facility where you can work...and free labor.. :lol: just make sure they're well supervised. :wink:

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Yeah, I just don't like the looks of more than 2 inches in s cowl good. On the bright side they did tell me they can make a shaker hood for my Gp, so I'm going that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor