1978 Malibu Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
I was at the local pull a part and came across this wagon. I'm gonna pull a couple things from the engine bay and some duct from the interior. Is there any hard to find parts that I should grab for the wagon guys? I'm not a wagon guy, I have a 2dr 1980. I'd hate it to go to crusher if something can be used.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 753
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 769
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 738

Sleeper Wagons

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah,

This looks like a keeper. Too bad someone did not get it before it ended up in the salvage yard. I would grab the whole car if I could. The far rear side window molding and the complete rear door vent windows are getting harder to find. The wheel well molding may be something worth saving to sell. I have 2 83 Malibu Wagons. Just post the location of the wagon. I'm in Southern Maryland. We all should post G Body finds and locations for all to see when we are not going to get the vehicle for ourselves. Good Look-n Out Bent1973.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Tail lights are one year only for 78..harder to find. The front trim looks good, 78/79 corner lights are sought after.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
I'm in Texas. I do travel to MD on occasion as I grew up on the eastern shore. I'd pull the trim if it weren't for fear of messing it up. I am probably going back this weekend, if I had a place to put it I'd probably buy the whole thing and part it out or trade for parts I need.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
You can no longer buy the 3 rear windows glass from most vendors around here. But It would be such a shame to cross that point of no return on such a nice roller. It's too bad somebody with a decent engine swap laying around hasn't come to save this car from the undeserved cannibalism it is most likely about to endure, lol

Curlz

Apprentice
Aug 4, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
The body by fisher sill plates are hard to find and the plastic body filler corners at the back bumper.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
We'll I guess someone saw the wagon and stripped any parts that interchange with what I can use. Should have snagged what I wanted as soon as I saw it. The tails and Crome along the drip rail was still there as well as the body by fisher plates at the doors. Hvac control was gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor