Dual electric fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
I have to go to the junkyard tomorrow with my uncle and I really want to put dual electric fans on my 83 monte carlo.It has a 305 in it and living out here in the desert(las vegas)it tends to run a little hot under the hood.Is there any GM vehicle that I can snag one out of and it'll be either a direct bolt in or needs very little modifications?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Mike 83 Si have to go to the junkyard tomorrow with my uncle and I really want to put dual electric fans on my 83 monte carlo.It has a 305 in it and living out here in the desert(las vegas)it tends to run a little hot under the hood.Is there any GM vehicle that I can snag one out of and it'll be either a direct bolt in or needs very little modifications?

I have a twin F-Body fan set out of a 92 Firebird Formula. It fit in nice.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
You have one for sale or you have one in your monte?

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
I know this is an old post but i figure there are people looking to do a electric fan swap.I used dual fans from a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero along with both the plug in connectors an about 6" of the wiring harness,i got it at the "you pull it yard" for 20.00 bucks.The fan assembly mounting tabs will have to be cut off flush,not an problem all all with a cut off tool .After that It will fit perfect in between the radiator tanks of a "Stock radiator" or a "Griffin radiator".I had to make some L brackets an i pop riveted them on to the shroud so i could mount it to the radiator using radiator zip ties.
I just got it hooked up to a toggle switch for NOW until i get a thermostats fan control,I really haven't got to test drive the car that much because it's NOT legal for the road yet,an the car still is getting worked on, but i did ran it up an down the road a few times an it never went pass 195.Until i FORGOT to turn the fans on lol

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 982

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
dodge intrepid dual fans with a cutlass radiator hold down fit awesome! :mrgreen:

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
85GPLef41 said:
dodge intrepid dual fans with a cutlass radiator hold down fit awesome! :mrgreen:

I am wondering What year did you used ? an what needed to be done ? so i'll have a back up plan if the ones i got fail or i want to change for any reason

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
What temp controller you using ? pic or link ?

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
whitetrash_royalty said:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-3651/overview/

That one seems nice but were does it screw in at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor