83 monte front fender emblem location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clanceman427

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2010
West Chester, PA
My loving wife got me my Christmas wish, now I have 2 new Monte Carlo emblems to put on my front fenders. Does anyone have measurements or a diagram for proper placement? Also, the paint is waxed base coat/ clear coat, should I do anything like use a wax remover or something to promote good adhesion of the stick-on emblems? Thanks for any help. Merry Christmas!

Kevin

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Kevin,
Welcome to the forum..That's a mean looking Monte you have there..What times are you running? I'd like to know a lil about your drivetrain... Anyways, look at the pics in my photo gallery, should give you an idea where to put them...I can take measurements for you if need be...Lemme know.
Joe

Clanceman427

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2010
West Chester, PA
Thanks Joe and your Monte Carlo looks awesome too, I think yours is the original color mine was. I wonder if that info is on the firewall tag of my Monte, like a paint code. My drivetrain is a 427 BBC, iron heads (square port -291's), 12.25:1 comp., single 4 barrel with 950 4150 style race carb. TH400 trans with a 5000 stall speed torque convertor, 4:88 gear ford 9 inch with spool. Best e.t. is a 10.91 @ 122 mph (kinda lays down on the top end, tried a thousand little things to improve that but can't break those bests outside of major changes). I'll check out your pics and see if I need/want any dimensions, thanks.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor