79 Malibu Drag car project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
I joined here a little while ago. I haven't posted much because I didn't have a GBody.I've been looking for a 78 Malibu for a couple years and for one reason or another each car I looked at just didn't give me the urge to buy. Then I saw this 79 and said hey this will work. The car is already set up for a BBC/ th400 and has a ferd 9" w/spool 40 spline axles,wilwood brakes. It also has a 12pt cage certified to 8.50. It came with 2 fuel systems 1 for the motor and the other for N2O, Stall 2 1/4" primary headers,and the car is completely wired. I know not much of a project but with the hours I work it's perfect for me. Anyway here are a few pic's.

092.jpg

088.jpg

015.jpg

0152.jpg

009.jpg

014.jpg

006-1.jpg

Heres a pic of my other car.

277.jpg

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Wow that's a good looking car, did you get the motor with it?

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
Thank's guys. I bought the car as a roller no motor or transmission.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
nice looking ride there homes, when ya hitting the track?? cheers

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
woody31 said:
nice looking ride there homes, when ya hitting the track?? cheers

thank's Woody as soon as my parts show up I'll get it together and get my butt to the track. I say a couple weeks tops.

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
84sbcregal23deg said:
awesome car! looks like a backhalf set-up? should run a good number!

Thank's 84sbcregal .Yes it's an art morrison ladder bar set up. The car has been 8.60 @ 160 so the goal for me is 8.59@161 lol My combo makes a little more power than the previous owners combo so I'm hopeful. I'm just gonna need some seat time.

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
Well I've working on my car trying (for 2 days) to get the pass side header in and the starter. I can get one or the other in but putting both in is almost impossible. I've never had these issues trying to get a starter around a set of headers before. I have a East Coast mini starter that fit well in my Nova w/ Lemons headers. I even borrowed my friends TCI mini starter which is smaller and #4 tube rests on the solenoid. These are Stahl 2 1/4" primary headers and I got them for cheap. Looks like I'll be calling Lemons again. :?

Here are a couple pic's of the spaghetti.

009.jpg

0062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor