1980 4 door Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Here's the skinny on the 'Bu, 1980 4 door, th350, open dif, A/C, cruise, just turned 70K. I bought from the original owner about 6 years ago. Has been a project I've put on hold for awhile but things sped up after a couple of wrecked vehicles and only having liability turned my project car into my everyday car. Put a 350 Goodwrench in it last year to replace the 4.4 with a rounded cam, 2" leaky duel exhaust into cheapo turbo mufflers, 3.42 gears, new suspension and some other minor things. Just picked up a set of vortec heads, intake, holley 670 cfm carb that will go in soon. Still trying to find the right cam, headers, and 2500-2800 stall converter. Pics to come as soon as i figure out how :D

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Welcome to the boards!!! If you need any interior pieces lmk,I have a complete burgundy/claret dry rot free interior great cond if interestedpm me.also have a"power vent window"set-up complete with wiring and everything needed to convert your manual vents to power,along with a show quality rear bumper,and other various parts.can't wait for the pics!

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
let's see if this works

Attachments

• IMAG0640.jpg
    IMAG0640.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11,659

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
8) I like it, especially the cream white, very sleeper like.

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
The paint is rougher in person then the pictures show. especially around the rear wheel wells. i had to remove the wheel opening moldings to roll the rear fenders to fit the wider tires, 255/60/15 in rear on 15x8 Enkei wheels and fronts used to rub with 215/60/15 until I put the new springs and struts all around. Well apparently when people say heat the paint to avoid cracking when rolling the fenders they mean it!

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I always wanted to score a four door to make a 'police interceptor' out of, you know, with 8" Rally's with smooth caps, big front and rear sway bars. Mild big block or 350 with L-82 or so cam. Big quadra-jet so it has the 70's-80's TV cop car sound. Cold air, hard plastic back seat. Cold air.

Yep, it would be cool!

Yours has a good color to start with, all the ones I have seen were dark brown or green (not cool cop car colors).

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
One of these days I'm gonna run the car down to a dyno in town here and figure out how much (more accurately how little) power its making before the new parts are in and I will give you all a real world scenario of how much extra power to expect from these at the wheels. starting off as stock gm goodwrench 350, dual 2" exhaust, stock manifolds, 500 cfm edelbrock, edelbrock performer intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor