Brett's 78 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Just picked up a 78 Monte with a 327. I'm not sure if I like the paint job that much. There's very little rust. It's a ttop car as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,715
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,712
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,727

81mali

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2012
So Cal
Re: Finally have a g body again!

Nice ride bro! but IMHO, that paint job gotta go!

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin

Yeah it will sometime. Not sure what color, but I like dark red metallic colors. It will be one solid color when I do repaint. The guy has it so the secondaries don't kick in. It's a demon carb. I don't know how he would have. Could he have adjusted the float so that the secondary bowl doesn't fill up? He said it was too much with the secondaries but they won't open unless you are into the throttle anyways. I need to figure that out and it would be nice to find a whole new interior from a rusted out one or something. This interior is extremely bad. Some people shouldn't be allowed to use rattle cans lol

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012

Man I love those 78/MC-T-TOP CARS :notworthy: :notworthy: u rule,Very rare indeed :!:
U dont see that many of them around, Keep it stock color/interior and U will find its avery rare car.
Gbarrie. :)

SmoknMali

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2013

Nice ride man....what are some of you plans with this one?

Rok_OEM

Apprentice
Mar 7, 2013
Seattle, WA

Nice to see another 3rd gen! Straight and running, sounds like a good start.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin

I plan to get better heads for the 327 since they used 305 heads on it. It's really doggy. Im trying to get some cheap vortec heads for it. then a edelbrock vortec carb intake. Maybe it just needs tuned better. It desperately needs new interior and I'd someday like to paint it differently. The first thing is fix the passenger side window so it rolls up and down. It stays at the bottom and the crank must be busted off because it moves around a lot and won't roll up the glass. I haven't looked at it yet

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin

Got the vortec heads and picked up a 6.0 vortec out of a 2004 2500 silverado for almost nothing. It has a bad cam. I want to swap it into my 92 k1500. Only bad thing is I don't have the computer or wiring harness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,318

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012

What's the original color of your car, and the interior :?:
Gbarrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor